Wednesday, February 14, 2007

No Wata!

We were excited for new experiences in Africa and ready for adventure when we came, but this is day 2 of no water...at least no water to take a shower. We have had enough water for two flushes of the toilet and that's about it. It was definitely time for those two flushes, if you know what I mean. I used 2 liters of water to take a bucket bath. A bucket back is truly an art form. I haven't master the art I just splashed here and there and hope it cleaned most of my body. I was disappointed when I got into bed and my feet were still dirty from the walk home. I have decided that 2 liters is really not enough water to take a shower with. I like to soak and there is no soaking in 2 liters of water. Our night guard filled up buckets for us and even carried them up the stairs so we can take bucket baths and flush the toilets. God does provide in any and all situations! Blessed be the name! Thank you Jesus for being our Living Water that never runs dry!

No comments: